POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Twyst and twysted.net : Re: Twyst and twysted.net Server Time
6 Sep 2024 14:13:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Twyst and twysted.net
From: Mark Nelson
Date: 5 Oct 1998 01:37:32
Message: <36180766.9C092E2C@tc.umn.edu>
Hello all, in light of this recent development, I'd like to add what I
can to this discussion. I'll try to keep it fairly short.

	First I would like to say that I was one of the first ops in #povray
along with IR, so I've known Twyst since he first came.  Twyst from the
first day was always very enthusiastic to help the channel. He setup
bots and the idea to link dalnet, and efnet together so that the
channels might have a better chance to survive if linked than alone.
(later newnet aswell.)  While he and I have at times had our
differences, he has always been a good friend, and has tried to be
helpful to anyone who has had questions.  Over the last couple years,
he, I, and the rest of #povray have formed a small community that I
continually enjoy to visit. The topic is not always povray, this is
true. I myself often ramble on about radiance.  Honestly though, I don't
think there is a better place to learn and observe how people create
povray scenes, and 3d graphics in general.  You can always find someone
willing to look at your images and offer advice and support.  You also
have the opportunity to learn how someone else did something you may
find useful later.

	I truly hope that Eric and Twyst can work this out reasonably and
calmly.  I just wanted to let you, the usenet community know, that
#povray is not the warzone it may seem to be.  I can understand Eric's
frustration, though I do not think Twyst is what Eric has made him out
to be either.

					Thank You,
						Mark Nelson
						Nite_Hawk on